Car Insurance prices are very competitive these days. It is important to get multiple quotes from auto insurance companies to compare pricing, features and customer service.
Before obtaining quotes for Car Insurance get to know the required Florida Laws for auto insurance.
Florida law requires drivers and vehicle owners to maintain auto insurance that covers costs in case of a car accident. The laws include the No-Fault Law and Financial Responsibility Law.
- PIP - Personal Injury Protection. PIP covers your injuries if you’re in a crash, no matter who caused it. A minimum of $10,000 in PIP is required by the state of Florida.
- PDL - Property Damage Liability. PDL covers costs for damage to other people’s property that you caused. A minimum of $10,000 in PDL is also required by the state of Florida.
- BIL - Bodily Injury liability. The BIL insurance is required based on your driving record. This is additional insurance you may be required to purchase on top of the PIP and PDL policies. If convicted of a DUI you must have Bodily Injury Liability (BIL) and increased PDL coverage. The additional insurance coverage is required for at least three (3) years after a DUI conviction. Other times additional coverage is required is for driver license suspension due to excessive points or you cause a car accident with injuries involved.
- Collision Coverage. This is an optional coverage that helps pay for auto repairs or replacement if your car hits another car or object.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage. This is optional coverage that pays for medical expenses and other damages caused by a driver that has no car insurance.
Car Insurance Companies
- Allstate Car Insurance - Allstate offers car insurance discounts for Safe Driver status including if your accident free for 6 months, Good Grades discount for students, and Allstate has a Drivewise program that measures good driving habits like safe speeds and safe stops.
- Farmers Auto Insurance - Farmers has Accident Forgiveness, Incident Forgiveness and a Rideshare program.
- GEICO Auto Insurance - GEICO offers auto insurance discounts for vehicle equipment, driving history and habits, senior drivers, military, federal employees and good grades for students.
- State Farm Insurance - StateFarm has Drive Safe and Save, Steer Clear and other discount programs.
- AAA - The American Automobile Association provides exclusive insurance discounts to their members including multiple car discounts, anti-theft device discounts, and pay-in-full discount.