DMV Practice Tests for Florida Learners Permit
To get your drivers license in Florida you are required to take a written test that covers road signs, traffic laws, and road rules. The test is comprised of 50 multiple choice questions. You must get 40 questions correct to pass.
Free Practice Tests for DMV Exam
Study and take free DMV Permit Practice Tests to increase your chances of passing the exam on the first try. You must also read the Florida Drivers Handbook in detail to learn all the road signs and traffic laws in Florida.
Traffic Laws and Road Rules
The majority of questions on the Permit Test are on traffic laws and road rules. Questions you may see will cover topics on:
- Auto Insurance Laws
- Bicyclist Awareness
- Braking Distance
- Child Restraint Laws
- Distracted Driving
- Intersections and Right-of-Way
- Making Turns
- Move Over Law
- Emergency Handling
- Motorcycle Awareness
- Pedestrian Awareness
- Road Rage
- Seat Belt Laws
- Sharing the Road
- Speed Limits
- Traffic Controls
- Vehicle Equipment
DMV Test Sample Questions
- What are the penalties for driving under the influence (DUI)?
- What type of insurance must you have on motor vehicles with four or more wheels?
- If you hit a parked car and are unable to find the owner what should you do?
- If you receive 12 points within twelve months on your Florida drivers license how long will your license be suspended?
- What's the best way to avoid driving while drowsy?
- What is the maximum speed limit in a residential area if there is no speed limit sign?
Are You Ready?
If you know the answers to these questions then you are on the right track. If not, go back and read and study the Florida Drivers Handbook.
The road signs test will display a road sign and ask you to identify what the sign means. You will have to identify the road signs by color, shape, or meaning.
Red traffic sign means Stop, Do Not Enter or Wrong Way.
Orange traffic sign indicates a Warning of upcoming Construction or Maintenance.
Yellow traffic sign is a General Warning on road conditions.
Fluorescent Yellow Green traffic sign emphasizes School, Pedestrian, and Bicycling activities.
White or Black traffic signs are regulatory signs.
Green traffic sign give directions or guides.
Blue traffic sign provides services guidance and identifies parking spaces for disabled drivers.
Brown traffic sign indicate areas of public recreation, cultural, and historical significance.
Take a free Road Sign Practice Test. Most importantly read the Florida Drivers Handbook for a list of road signs.